Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 12 (3 months)

Hola everyone. This week was actually really great. I'm learning so much about Spanish, the gospel, my testimony, and so many other things. I think the theme this week though was the Holy Ghost. One thing I learned was the Holy Ghost knows how to speak Spanish lol. I never thought that I would recieve a prompting in Spanish. It was awesome. Also, Heavenly Father prepares investigators through the Spirit. One day we were out tracting and we start talking to a guy. He starts asking us questions about our religion and everything. One thing leads to another, we give him a book of mormon and make an appointment. The first lesson was really awesome. He read what we asked him to read and more. He knows a ton of the bible but he says some parts are confusing. When he read the chapters in the Book of Mormon he found the answers that he was wondering about. We have another appointment today. But moral of the story, he was prepared because of the Spirit. Another lesson is the Spirit really does guide us. Last we were tracting and we felt like we should go to this one house. This lady came out and she was so happy to see us she started crying. It turns out, 8 years ago she was meeting with the missionaries and after their transfer she never saw them again. Then she moved and stuff and hasn't met with missionaries since. Anyway, moral of this story, the Holy Ghost is an awesome guide. Well that's all for this week. The Holy Ghost is so awesome in so many ways. Thanks for all the emails and all the prayers. I hope everyone has a great week.

To the family: Hola familia. This week was great. We have changes this wedneday but I don't want to leave Quintero. I love it here. There's a chance we could stay but we'll find out on wednesday. Elder Leto thinks we're gonna stay. I really hope we do. Also, Chile beat Peru this week so everyone was in a good mood again. We went to ViƱa this morning to get Elder Leto's new name tag. The letters were fading on his other one. This week we didn't have any investigators come to church but it's alright cause we got 5 inactive members to come. There are so many inactive members here. I didn't realize how many till we had ward council. There are over 1,000 baptized members in the ward. We've never had more than 100 come to church. It's loco. Anyway we had 5 come this week so 5 closer to a thousand lol. Well that's all this week. My next email could be in a different area. I hope not but I'll go where he wants me to go. Love you guys so much. 



No comments:

Post a Comment