Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 6 and 7

(Since he flew to Santiago last week he didn't have a P day)

Hola everyone! It's been a while so a lot has happened. I want to talk about everything that's happened but I don't have enough time. But I'm gonna say as much as I can. So we got to Chile Tuesday morning and we waited at the airport for 4 hours for the Elders to pick us up lol. Then we get to Viña and it's beautiful. And the first thing we have to do is place a Book of Mormon and find our way to the mission home. It took us a while but we finally did it. We ate lunch there and then stayed the night with the missionaries that work in the office. The next day we found out who are trainers were and our first area. My first Companion is Elder Leto. He's from Argentina and speaks like 2 licks of English but he's awesome. It's so hard cause I don't speak Spanish and he doesn't speak English. Somehow we manage though. My first area is a town about an hour outside of Viña. It's called Quintero. It's awesome and I love it. Something I found out though is that they don't speak Spanish in Chile lol. It's Chilean. I have no idea what anyone is saying like 90% of the time lol. But they're so nice. I love the people here. The first member I met gave me his coat cause he said I was gonna get cold without it. Chileans are the best. Another thing I found out is that 80% of the dogs in the world live in Chile. And about 60% of those live in Quintero lol. There's always a dog in sight at all times no matter where you go lol. It's alright though cause most of them are really friendly. One of them actually followed us around all day yesterday lol. He was like our guard dog. Anyway, being a missionary is so much harder than I thought it was gonna be. There's no way I would be able to do this without the help of the Lord. No way. I know he's helping me everyday. I love this gospel and I know it's true. I hope everyone has a great week.

To the family:
Hey guys I don't have a lot of time today but I just want to say that I really missed you guys this week. In the MTC we kinda made our own family but I had to leave them too. It's been really hard to stay motivated cause I can't understand anyone. I want to talk to them and share what I know but I can't cause I don't know what they're saying. My companion tries really hard but he has an Argentina/Chile accent so it's so hard. I've been praying really hard this week cause it feels like that's the only way I can express my feelings. I haven't talked to anyone who speaks English in a week and it's been so hard. But I see tender mercies everyday from our Heavenly Father that help me get through each day. Being a missionary is so hard but it's gonna be worth it once I learn Spanish. I might not have time to respond to everyone individually but I love all of you so much. Keep your prayers coming cause I really need them. And I'm trying to figure out how to send pictures but I'm not sure yet. I love all of you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment