Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 18

This week was really awesome! It started right after we emailed last week. Last week was Quintero's 150th birthday. So the news people were downtown recording people saying Feliz CumpleaƱos Quintero on camera. They had me and my companion say it. My companion said it in Spanish and I said it in English lol. I didn't think anything of it. The Bishop called us that night and said we were on the news lol. So me made it on the local news in Quintero lol. Feliz CumpleaƱos Quintero.
Also for it's Birthday, the Russian Circus came to town to perform Frozen on ice. I can honestly say I'm genuinely sad that I couldn't go to it. They had this huge circus tent and everything. It was like 2 blocks from our house too. It was so random but it looked way fun lol.
Also there's a little tiny Chilean Air Force base in Quintero so there's a lot of action going on in the sky. It's actually way sweet. They had 5 like trick airplanes doing all kinds of tricks and stuff. And they made hearts and stars in the sky with the smoke. It was way cool. Quintero had a pretty eventful week this week.
Also if everything goes as planned we'll have a baptism this week. But we have transfers this week. If I stay then I'll be there. If not, then I'll miss it. We'll see what happens. 
That's mostly it for this week. I love being a missionary and sharing this message. Thanks everyone for all the emails and prayers. I hope everyone has an awesome week.

To the family: Hola familia. Thanksgiving sounds like it was awesome. My thanksgiving was great. I had 2 hot dog buns with cheese and salami instead of 1 for dinner lol. They don't celebrate thanksgiving here so I had my own with my hot dog buns and salami lol. Dinner isn't really a thing here. It's called once (pronounced ownsay) or 11. They just eat bread and tea before bed. Lunch is where it's at here. Lunch is the majority of what you eat in the day. I'm mostly used to it by now. The food is great here but there's like 5 main dishes and that's about it. They're really good dishes and everything but it gets on a rotation. Sometimes they'll venture out. One time we had lasagna so that was awesome.
Also this week, we found a less active who got baptized more than 30 years ago. He's 88 years old but doesn't act like it. He's an awesome guy, he just doesn't go to church. I think something happened at church a while back and he decided not to go anymore. But he has like all the church library. The antiques though. From the 80's. He has a Liahona from 82. Back when it was like a book. We're trying to get him to come to church.
That's mostly it for this week. I love all you guys and I hope everyone has an awesome week

Their district 

i tried something called Chorillana. It was actually really good

Russian Circus performs Frozen on ice lol

me and elder eyre eating helado

Elder Eyre

camera shy lol

No comments:

Post a Comment